Monday, March 26, 2007

Tolerate

So it looks like my sister doesn't have this new disease afterall. Whew! I was so fricken happy I almost started crying again. She is just a stressed out overworked above and beyond kid.

I got back from the conference yesterday and slept a solid 9 hours which is a rare amount of sleep. I also managed to get up on time 9:00 which is also rare and amazing. I had breakfast, took a shower, and ran some errands all before my first class at 11:00! I feel pretty good today.

The conference was fun, although I did fall asleep during several of the lectures, heh. I then began to furiously take notes so as not to fall asleep. Turns out our group of 3 Jessica's and an Ameliah were the only undergrad.s at the entire thing. I think the most important thing I took away from the conference was how people who do research interact and how they communicate what they are doing. Unfortunately I didn't get to go to the banquet so I missed the drunkeness if there was any. The reception was very short so not enough time for anyone to get seriously drunk. It was good to see a group of people who read each other's papers and know who everyone is in reference to the papers interact. There were several laughing moments where I laughed along and then I thought oh god no normal person in society would understand this.

My title has to do with me and how sometimes I just really don't like people for whatever reason. I can't handle when people don't pay attention and ask a million questions interrupting the person who is explaining. Sometimes I just want to say shut the fuck up you silly bitch. But that isn't very appropriate and not very nice. This last trip I had a hard time being nice to two of the five people that went.

Spring is here early and if anything it feels like summer. It's cool with me I just wish the air conditioning was on.

-J.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad she's okay! stress can do a LOT of things to the cardiovascular system.

conferences are great for many reasons. so you missed the drunkenness, but you got the networking part. that's the really important part anyway.

love ya cuz!

n