Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Days of Yore

So the weather here is a big stinky turd. It's April 11th and there is a few inches of snow on the ground with 6-9 more coming tonight. It's the week before my period, School is winding down and finals are coming up, and I hate getting wet. So today I was in the bitchiest mood I could have been in. Just crabby all around. For example my boyfriend tried to grab my ass and I nearly broke his arm. I hate being crabby, I don't like to be mean but lately, this week so far, I have just been a little black cloud running around on campus trying to electricuit people.

Speaking of electricity, it was down on the entire campus. So I said to myself what did people do when the sun went down in days of yore, well they went to sleep so I went to sleep. In the meantime the rest of Beloit College campus decided to go dance in the snow by the light of car headlamps. Really good example of what would not happen in the real world, hahaha. Really if I had been a delivery person and I drove up to campus and not a single light was on, including street lights, and everyone was outside dancing on a Wed. night I would lock my doors and keep driving.

As a side note I think I have an idea of what I want to do in grad. school and I am really fricken excited. West Mexican pottery. There is a literal blackhole of information missing from this area and there is so much I could do I can barely stand it. For example I could deal with the temper, the clay itself, how they are physically constructing the pots, where are they making them, who is making them, what do the everyday people and villages look like? Seriously I could go on. So I am very excited and when the time comes I think I can get a good recommendation from a prof. I have been working with who shares my excitement for ceramics. Plus my Spanish totally applies. It's amazing how easy it was to double major and still be able to graduate in 4 years. Yes I love liberal arts and science private colleges! Hahaha

So I geuss that puts me in a pretty damn good mood, having an idea where I want my career to go. : )

-J.

No comments: